The Appalachian Nurse Practitioner Clinic
The mission of the Appalachian Nurse Practitioner Clinic is to improve access to quality health care for the medically underserved by providing comprehensive health services to residents within a seven county area surrounding the university. We are committed to educating future health care professionals in a culturally sensitive environment while promoting health and enhancing quality of life for those served.
Sore throats, flu, rashes, urinary tract infections, minor lacerations
· Secondary Care
Routine physicals, DOT physicals, Women’s health (pap smear/breast exam)
· Chronic Disease Management
Hypertension (high blood pressure)
· Community outreach with the Mobile Health Unit Screenings
· Toni Barnett, PhD, APRN, BC, FNP-C, CNE
· Deb Battle, MS, RN, NP-C
· Myra Clark, PhD, FNP-C
· Julia Daniel, MS, FNP-C
· Carolynn DeSandre, MSN, CNM, FNP-BC
· Elaine Hummel, MSN, APRN, BC, FNP
Hours and Contact Information:
Monday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Tuesday 8:00 AM – 8:00 PM
Wednesday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Thursday 8:00 AM – 5:00 PM
Friday 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM
We are closed daily from 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM for lunch.
Phone (706) 867-2713 Fax (706) 867-3249
To find the Appalachian Nurse Practitioner Clinic:
From the Square in Dahlonega, proceed west on West Main Street
- Go past Price Memorial on the left (i.e. the NGCSU building with the gold steeple)
- Turn RIGHT onto Sunset Drive
- Look for the Health and Natural Sciences Building at the top of the hill on the left.
- The clinic is located in room 102, just past the elevator on the right.
Parking is behind the building. Look for the spaces marked Reserved for Clinic Patients. If you need additional directions, please call (706) 864-1400.
Follow this link for a map of the NGCSU campus: Campus Map